Founders Classical Academy
of Flower Mound
K -9th Distance Learning Plan
Founders Classical Academy of Flower Mound has developed a plan that a) significantly minimizes the use of hard-copy materials [Please see math exception below] and b) allows for some degree of student self-pacing. To do this, Founders Classical Academy of Flower Mound relies (for Grades K-5) on JupiterEd and Core Knowledge PDFs.
Parents should familiarize themselves with JupiterEd. Login information will be provided to parents via Jupiter Ed. Parents may use their discretionary power to schedule access to these platforms for their student(s).
- For Parents with no WiFi or computer access please contact your respective Assistant Headmaster, Mrs. McDonald (email@example.com) for K - 5th or Mr. Wasielewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for 6th - 9th.
- All communication regarding school work will take place via JupiterEd.
- All conference calls and/or meetings via a computer will take place through telephone or Google Meets. To access Google meets:
- Click on the link provided to you by your teacher.
- Click “Join Hangouts Meets.”
- Click the “Join Now” Button.
- If you are unable to join virtually, you may use the telephone number and access pin to join the meeting.
- Assignments will be posted weekly by Monday at 8:00 am in JupiterEd Juno Pods.
- Work for the whole following week will be posted.
- Students will self-pace at parent discretion.
- Students will have until Friday night at 11:59 pm to complete their work from the date it was posted by the teacher.
Grades will continue to be available through the Jupiter Ed System.
- It is expected that all assigned work for each week is completed by Friday at 11:59 am.
- Longer assignments for upper school may have a different due date. In this case, assignment is due by the due date listed.
- Expect 1 test every 4th week.
- Student participation is logged by completing activities on the JupiterEd Platform.
- Students are expected to read 30 minutes per day. Some of this may take the form of assigned reading, independent reading, or teacher read on video (depending on grade level).
Online Behavior Expectations:
- Students are expected to complete their work on their own.
- Plagiarism, copying answers from other websites, or sharing answers with other students is prohibited and will be subject to the discipline stated in the RES handbook.
- After two weeks, teachers may start offering tutoring times in Google Meets.
- Speaking in turn is essential for Google Meets communication.
- Students must not interrupt one another or the teacher during Google Meets sessions.
- Eating, playing games, watching T.V., phone use, etc. should not occur while a student is attending a Google Meets session to avoid distractions to themselves and others.
- Students who disrupt a Google Meets session in any way may be muted or removed from the session. A notification will be sent to parents via Jupiter Ed.
- Avatars may be changed to a student photo or simple initials. Cartoon characters or images which are not school appropriate are not permitted.
- Students may be assigned work in math workbooks or problems which require pencil to paper work. Please provide your child with paper and a pencil. If this is a hardship, please contact email@example.com.
- Details regarding assignments and due dates will be posted by the teacher weekly on Monday Mornings in JupiterEd Juno Pods.
- Completed work may be entered in a multiple choice format in Juno Pods, may be scanned in via a scanner or a phone scanner app (phone pictures are also an option) to Jupiter Ed (method will be determined by the teacher). Students can always submit their work on any day before the deadline.
SPED and 504 Academics
The online system will provide accommodations to our 504/SPED students. The self-pacing ability of this plan will meet accommodations such as extended time on work, frequent breaks, etc. We will also have text-to-speech options provided on JupiterEd.
- Special Education students will have regular tutorials with our Special Education Teacher or Paraprofessional staff regularly.
- Please contact Special Education or 504 for questions about specific accommodations.
Illness Policy and Late Work Policy
We recognize that as we acclimate to the online learning environment, individual situations may vary. Please contact your appropriate teacher or grade level administrator for cases of a prolonged illness or lack of access to the learning platforms.
Free Smartphone Scanning Applications
There are a variety of free scanning apps that you can download to your phone for submitting Math work. The school recommends some of the following options:
- Genius Scan
- PDF Scanner